- Know who you’re dealing with. Which company owns the website that you are using?
- Make sure the page is secure before you enter credit card information. There must be a letter “s” after http (or https://) for the transmission to be secure.
- Know exactly what you’re buying.
- Know what it will cost.
- Check out the terms of the deal, such as refund policies and delivery dates.
- Keep a paper trail.
- Don’t email your financial information.
For more information, call Buncombe County Cooperative Extension at 255-5522.