ASHEVILLE NC – The Buncombe County Cooperative Extension Service and the Buncombe Soil and Water Conservation Service are hosting a Farm Equipment Demonstration Day in cooperation with the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.
Shared use equipment can be accessible for local farmers at a minimal cost, the shared-use equipment can result in higher farm profits by increasing efficiency and land productivity. Equipment to be demonstrated includes:
- GrassWorks Weed Wiper, which can be towed behind a tractor or all-terrain vehicle to ‘wipe’ herbicides selectively across pastures and hay fields without damaging the grass
- ShaverPost Driver to install fencing at lower costs
- Raised Bed Mulch Layer, designed to make a raised bed, lay plastic mulch, and drip irrigation in one pass
- Water Wheel Transplanter, which can plant bare roots, pots or plugs and can carry up to 25 trays.
The various equipment was acquired through grant funds made available through the TVA Ag & Forestry Fund sponsored by the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- October 1, 2014 from 3 – 6 pm
This event is free, but you will need to register in advance to receive directions and further details. For more information or to register, please contact Buncombe Extension Agents Meghan Baker at [email protected] or Ethan Henderson at [email protected].