ASHEVILLE, NC – The Asheville Police Department has responded to and continues to investigate a number of home invasions, particularly in West Asheville. Detectives are seeking any information that may assist in identifying the offenders. In all the cases, the offenders were asking for electronics, money and drugs.
Below is information regarding locations and suspects:
May 13, 12:10 a.m.
*386 Kenilworth Road
Suspects are three black males who were all dressed in black clothing, wearing black bandanas. A handgun was displayed. They were described as follows:
1) 5’9” to 5’11”, light-skinned Black or Hispanic, with a five-inch long ponytail at the nape of his neck, wearing a black hoodie and a black bandana with white on it.
2) 5’ 8”, about 215 -225 lbs., with a chubby build, wearing black Nike tennis shoes with a white “M” shape or design, a black shirt, black pants.
3) 6’ to 6’4”, 170-180 lbs., wearing a solid black ball cap, and Nike Air Force tennis shoes
*This incident is not believed to be related to those in West Asheville.
June 7, 12:30 a.m.
20 Michigan Ave
Four offenders involved. Victim recalls only dark clothing, bandanas, and two handguns.
June 25, 12:45 a.m.
102 Burton St.
Three offenders involved, who displayed a handgun. They were described as:
1) A “skinny” white male, 5’7” – 5’ 10” tall, with blonde hair, eyes described as light blue-green or bright blue. He was wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans.
2) 6’2” tall black male with an average build. He has short hair, a red (possibly a Cardinals) baseball cap, and was wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans.
3) 5’10”-6’ tall “chubby” black male, with short dreadlocks with beads on the ends. He was wearing a T-shirt and jeans and his face was covered.
June 29, 4:27 a.m.
436 Pearson Drive
Two offenders involved. They did not display a handgun.
They had T-shirts wrapped around their faces. Investigators do not believe this incident is related to others in the city.
July 5, 2:30 a.m.
326 Riverview Drive
Three offenders who displayed a handgun. They are described as:
1) White male with blue or green eyes, with a thin build, wearing a green bandana.
2) Black male, medium build, wearing sunglasses, a blue hat and light colored clothing.
3) Dark-skinned black male wearing dark clothing.
July 6, 3:15 a.m.
146 Logan Ave.
Three offenders, all wearing T-shirts and baggy jeans, who displayed a handgun. They are described as:
1) Black male with short dreadlocks, wearing a green bandana over his head and face. He wore rectangular framed glasses and had a tattoo on his right forearm that may have been a female’s name.
2) Black male with short hair, wearing an unknown color bandana.
3) White male with a thin build, wearing a bandana covering face and head.
The above incidents are being investigated as residential burglaries, robberies and assaults – which would be referred to as home invasions when occurring simultaneously.
Residents are asked to contact officers if they would like to have someone speak to their group and/or if they see unusual activities taking place in their neighborhoods.
Residents are also invited to attend the next Weed & Seed crime prevention meeting in the Pisgah View Apartment complex in West Asheville, scheduled for noon on Monday, Aug. 22. Call Weed & Seed Coordinator Rebecca Byrn for details at 828-552-1311.
APD Community Resource Officers
East and North Asheville:
CRO Brien Griffin 828-552-1467
CRO Jeremy Woody 828-552-9423
CRO Josh Simpson 828-251-4032
CRO Chad McCall 828-251-4032
CRO Jackie Stepp 828-337-7478
CRO Evan Coward 828-777-4505
Anyone with information on the above cases is asked to call Asheville-Buncombe Crime Stoppers at 828-255-5050 or the APD at 828-252-1110.