ASHEVILLE, NC – Biltmore kicks off its 2010 Concert Series on June 4 with an expanded lineup and second estate venue.
Up first is legendary country-rock group the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band performing June 4 at Diana at Biltmore, a new outdoor concert setting on the Vista overlooking Biltmore House.
The 10-concert series, which this year stretches into fall, includes “American Idol” favorites Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard, Grammy-winning artists Mary Chapin Carpenter and Kathy Mattea, and some of the best from R&B, Motown and contemporary Christian music.
The concerts are set against the backdrop of Biltmore, America’s largest home and gardens, and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Tickets are on sale now. All concerts start at 8 p.m.
The Biltmore Concert Series line-up is:
– Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, performing June 4 at Diana at Biltmore.
– The Original Drifters, performing June 11 at Diana at Biltmore.
– Brandon Heath, performing July 16 at Diana at Biltmore as part of the Faith Renewed Celebration Weekend.
– Gaither Vocal Band, performing July 17 on the South Terrace as part of the Faith Renewed Celebration Weekend.
– An Evening with Mary Chapin Carpenter, July 22 on the South Terrace.
– Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard, performing July 23 on the South Terrace.
– An Evening with Steve Miller Band, July 29 on the South Terrace.
– The Legendary Temptations, performing July 30 on the South Terrace.
– Christopher Cross, performing Sept. 24 at Diana at Biltmore.
– Kathy Mattea, performing Oct. 1 at Diana at Biltmore.
A variety of ticket, dining and accommodations packages are available for all of the concerts. Tickets do not include or require estate admission. Performers and dates are subject to change. Biltmore Twelve-Month Passholders receive a discount on general admission and reserved seating. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.biltmoreconcerts.com or call 866-336-1255.