ASHEVILLE NC – Asheville city government offices will be closed Thursday, July 4 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
All City of Asheville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts recreation centers will be closed . The following specialized recreation facilities will be open: city parks, the Asheville Golf Course, Food Lion Skate Park , Aston Park Tennis Center, Recreation Park Pool, and the Western North Carolina Nature Center. For hours of operation and other information about the WNC Nature Center visit www.wncnaturecenter.com.
College Street will be closed during the fireworks display scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m.
ART will operate holiday bus service Thursday, July 4 on the following routes:
· C – Louisiana – Haywood – State St. – Biltmore Village- Fairview Rd. – Swannanoa River Rd – Wood. Departs 9:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· N1 – Merrimon – UNCA – Lakeshore. Departs 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· N3 – Chamber – Hillcrest. Departs 9:40 a.m. – 6:40 p.m. Route will have a different departure time, leaving at :40 past the hour.
· S3 – Asheland – McDowell- Biltmore Village- Hendersonville Rd – Airport. Departs 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· S4 – S. French Broad – Depot – Livingston Heights- AB Tech. Departs 9:35 a.m. – 6:35 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· E1 – Tunnel – Asheville Mall – Swannanoa River Rd. Departs 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., providing service as far as Wal-mart/Kohl’s, E1 will not serve the VA Hospital.
· E2 –Asheville Mall – Haw Creek – Tunnel Rd. Departs 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· W1 – Hilliard – Clingman – Haywood – PVA – Deaverview Area. Departs 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
· W3 – Patton – Goodwill. Departs 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., operating on the same schedule as currently provided.
Additionally, the July 4Celebration in Pack Square Park will require the following detours:
· E1 & E2 – from 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., E1 & E2 will:
o use Patton Ave. to Broadway St. to Woodfin St./Oak St., both inbound and outbound.
o resume their normal route starting with the bus stop on College St. @ South Charlotte St.
o serve the bus-stops on Broadway St. @ College St. and Broadway St. @ Walnut St.
o detour off of South Pack Square and Market St., unable to serve two bus-stops;
1. Patton Ave. @ Biltmore Ave. and
2. College @ Court Plaza.
For ART schedule information call (828)253-5691, e-mail [email protected] or visit www.ridetheart.com.
Garbage and recycling collection schedules will continue as normal during the holiday. All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate according to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.